Why do you write your tests like that?
We discuss two "interesting" patterns we've observed in a number of Laravel projects. Let's take a step back and think about why we write tests the way we do.
- 1:06 - One weird pattern we’ve seen in Laravel project tests
- 2:23 - Can you explain why you’re doing this?
- 3:50 - “It’s more readable”
- 5:55 - Principle: learn a thing, do a thing, dissect a thing
- 6:30 - Is it okay to have code duplication in tests?
- 8:20 - How tests are different from application code
- 11:16 - Don’t add application code just for your tests
- 13:06 - Silly bit
Need help building a test suite for your Laravel app or making your existing tests more reliable? Click the link and book a free call to see how we can help.