Too many rules?
Rules in programming can be extremely helpful, especially on a team. But is it possible to go too far with rules? We discuss a couple recent scenarios where we could have made a rule, but decided not to.
- 00:00 I like rules
- 01:20 Maybe going too far with rules - the scenario
- 03:05 Bug explanation
- 05:03 A tangent on test setup
- 06:30 A possible rule to prevent this bug
- 07:17 Why this rule went too far
- 08:50 We still want to fix it, just not now
- 09:45 Another example with syntax and code standards
- 12:53 Silly bit