Thinking about the user, even in the details
User experience is a term we hear a lot as developers, but it can mean different things depending on the context. We discuss a recent project where decisions around which HTTP status code to return was focused on improving the user's experience and trust in the application.
- 00:16 Why do we write code?
- 01:39 The importance of user experience
- 02:54 A specific example of user-focused thinking
- 04:34 Choosing the most helpful HTTP status code
- 05:44 What if it’s an API response?
- 07:17 How much detail in an error is useful to a user?
- 08:35 Silly bit
Move from competent to confident - become a better Laravel developer with the free resources available at masteringlaravel.io