Changing our mind about queues in testing
We'll admit it: sometimes we change our mind. In this episode, we discuss how we used to setup queues in Laravel tests, and why we changed it.
- 00:00 Sometimes we change our mind over time
- 02:00 Changing queue from sync to null in tests
- 03:45 Feature versus integration tests
- 04:40 Where do you test job logic?
- 05:30 White box versus black box testing
- 07:15 Laravel queue drivers and how faking works
- 08:55 Why use events at all?
- 09:30 The new approach is faster too
- 11:15 Silly bit
Want to make us happy with a random email? Check out our free and paid books on masteringlaravel.io