Avoid painting yourself into a corner
We've all been there: a thorny piece of code works, but it seems like there must be a better way to simplify it or make it more readable. We share one example when this happened to us, and how code review led to a better solution.
Want another set of eyes on your code? We can help! Visit our site and schedule a free call with us today.
- 00:16 The problem: this code works, but I don't like it
- 01:17 What we mean by "I don't like this code"
- 02:22 A specific example of code I didn't like
- 03:52 Code review sparks a discussion, and a solution
- 05:20 Principle: don't get locked in to your first approach
- 06:03 Principle: the benefits of code review
- 07:22 Don't be defensive, and the code reviewer isn't always right
- 08:03 Silly bit